Improve Your Herd with Easy Calving, Vigorous Calves and High Rate of Gain Genetics
Certified Irish Black Replacement Heifers
Long Pines Land and Livestock is offering approximately 50 Certified Irish Black® replacement heifers out of registered Irish Black bulls. If you’re looking for hearty stock with strong maternal traits and good growing calves, this is the lot for you.
These moderate-framed, first-calf heifers have been bred-back to calving ease bulls and will begin calving on April 15, 2021, for 60 days.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to expand up your commercial cowherd. Please contact Deb directly with your questions and to purchase.
Long Pine's Irish Black & Irish Red Cattle
Genetics for Productivity, Predictability & Profitability
- Easy calving
- Vigorous calves with improved calf survival
- Highly fertile, bulls settle 50-70 cows (yes, it’s true!)
- Short gestation period of 277 days
- Moderate framed (cows mature at 1050-1250 lbs. and bulls at 1650-1900 lbs.)
- Built to last with superior feet and legs
- Thrive in hot and cold seasons, at an altitude of about 5,000 ft.
- Resiliency to altitude disease (pulmonary edema)
- Mild temperament for better beef quality
- Extreme longevity
- Excellent maternal traits
- Well-conformed udders and smaller teats
- Large pelvic scores
- Average daily gains greater than 4 lbs. attainable
- Easy fleshing, finishing about 14 months of age
- High tenderness and marbling proven by ultrasound and genetic testing
- Back fat less than .20"